Skip to main content

Random Ramblings-2



Yet another stream of thoughts interrupted, with the loud thundering noise outside.
As I look through the plain glass window, the gathering of the ominous clouds casting their shadows on the ground below, I firmly come to the conclusion that out there is where I belong, not in this stuffy classroom loaded with a monologue!
Out there, filling my senses with the smell of the wet Earth, kiss of the first showers, sight of the overcast sky and the strangely comforting sound of thunder, as of the pitter patter rain drops while tasting the pure drops of water from the heavens themselves—that is where I truly belong, feeling alive with every single passing moment.
Rains always evoked that excitement in me. Rains always held that mystique calling. They brought the smile back on my face and a pining in the lit up eyes. And though I may rave and rant about the summers and winters, the rains- whenever they come are most welcome. They have my heart and every feeling that is inspired in awe.
I’ve always thought of monsoons as a celebration of the Earth below and Skies above.  The clouds pour down upon the parched Earth which opens up in a welcome embrace to every drop that falls on it. These are the moments of reception- of opening up and of letting go. Of Freedom.
And that freedom, that openness is what my bridled soul craves for. It yearns not to be restricted; to be unlimited in thoughts, actions and experiences. To not be bound in chains to the societal norms, rules, people and relations. And yet, yet I know I cannot have what I crave for.
It may not even be what I would wish for if a genie granted me those three magical wishes.
It’s a far thought and it’s unattainable- and that’s where its beauty lies.
That friction between my rants and the reality drives me forward every single day...

Comments

  1. Wow Akhila...you are now ready to start a novel for the wonderful art of expression you have developed of late!!:D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Novel- that's a long way to go! I'm concentrating on the smaller thoughts for now, hence the exclusive title of "Random Ramblings" :)Thanks for the appreciation!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Live…Laugh…Love…

A bright ray of light infiltrated through the small crack in the translucent window and perched itself stubbornly on my shut eyes, urging me to get out of my bed and enjoy the marvels of the sunny morning. I smiled, yes, because I believe in starting my day with a smile in the heart and a song on the lips. Last night, I had gone to bed listening to Taylor Swift’s “Love Story”, so now the song began playing in my mind automatically, on a loop. I welcomed some more sunshine into my room and walked out to the sprawling terrace, to warm up to the day that lay ahead. A cool breeze blew a few strands of my unkempt hair and I stood there, while happy birds were chirping, singing their hearts out, calling out to their mates, flocking together in the blue skies above. The fog was clearing slowly and steadily. And the path was becoming clear. The nights were cold and chilly but along came the mornings that warmly cuddle you with boundless hope and a silent happiness. In the past few ...

Coffee? : A Short Story

She moved like the wind, quick, easy, and mostly, unnoticed. Her lithe, agile body facilitated brisk, quiet movements. And the fact that she was more an observer than part of the world played to her advantage. Libraries were her favorite, coffee shops with cozy corners came a close second. She was reading "Alice in Wonderland" today. Finishing actually - the book as well as the large cup of coffee. "Still she haunts me phantomwise Alice moving under skies Never seen by waking eyes"  She looked up, feeling a pair of eyes on her and noticed a young man in another corner of the yard. He had a lost expression plastered on his face, like an abandoned kitten, stuck out in rain. She looked back in to her book :  "Ever drifting down the stream Lingering in the golden gleam Life, what is it but a dream?"  She let the words linger as she closed the book and got up quietly. He was still waiting to be helped. This time she held his gaze until he was prompted to...